It can sometimes help to think about day to day activities from an unusual perspective. We think that this energiser activity helps to achieve this. It is particularly useful in helping leaders and employees to find ways to make their work more interesting and fun.
Training course contents:
The instructions for this energiser are written below. However, you will need to download the full pack for free from the link at the bottom of this page to run the energiser.
This energiser pack includes…
Instructions to help you run the energiser activity.
Work Like Play activity sheets.
- Enough copies of the Work Play Handouts for each group, one per group (download for free from link at bottom of this page)
- Groups should be 3 or 4 people
- Small prizes
1. Form the group into equal sub groups of three or four people.
2. Tell them that their task is to indicate how ‘work’ can be made more like the ‘play’ elements shown on the handout.
3. Give each team one hand out. There are three different hand outs so you should ensure that the teams receive different hand outs as far as possible.
4. Tell them they will have five minutes and then each group will share their answers. You can increase this time if required.
5. You may wish to offer small prizes for the team with the most/best answers.
6. Consider linking this activity to your course subject. For example, if you are covering leadership skills you might use this to lead a discussion. What would be the benefits of making work more like play? What would be the drawbacks? Which ideas could realistically be used?
This energiser is used to encourage participants to think about the way in which they work from an unusual perspective.