These Working at Height e-learning course materials are intended for use by people that want to make e-learning an additional part of their learning and development offering.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost effective.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course you are buying:
E-Learning Course Content:
The main aim of this e-learning is to help prevent death or injury caused by a fall from height.
Falls from height are one of the biggest causes of workplace fatalities and major injuries, accounting for about 29% of fatal injuries to workers.
Employers have a duty to make sure employees have the sufficient skills, knowledge and experience to perform the working at height task they are asked to do.
Working at height means work in any place where, if there were no precautions in place, a person could fall a distance liable to cause personal injury. You are working at height if you; work above ground/floor level, could fall from an edge, through an opening, or fragile surface, could fall from ground level into an opening in a floor, or a hole in the ground.
In this working at height e-learning course you’ll gain the knowledge and understanding required to ensure you follow sensible and safe precautions when working at height.
The e-learning course is interactive and engaging with elements of ‘storytelling’ that help make the learning easy and interesting to follow. It’s a fun way of learning the important principles of working safely at height.
- explain how the risk of working at height can be reduced
- describe the three-step approach to safety when working at heights
- understand the different equipment required when working from height and how it is used
- explain what should be done if you have health and safety concerns
- describe the possible consequences of not taking precautions when working from height
- explain how to avoid accidents when working from height
This working from height e-learning course is essential health safety training. It’s particularly appropriate for people new to an organisation or for use as a refresher for existing employees.
Of course, this e-learning is more relevant to those employees that have a requirement to work from height, although it is useful awareness training for all.
Employers have a duty to ensure that work at height activity is controlled and managed correctly and that employees are trained to be competent in the use of equipment. In order for employees and companies to be protected, we recommend this working at height e-learning becomes a part of each employee’s induction.
- It’s an online e-learning course
- Interactive and engaging content
- Blending text, graphics, images and storytelling
- On-going testing as your progress with a final assessment
It’s important to create a safe working environment where people are both aware of the risks of working from height and have a good understanding of the precautions they should take. This course will help bring the important topic of safety when working at height to the forefront of your mind. In this course, your learners will be able to:
- Appreciate why working from height regulations are important and how to take precautions
- Understand the typical risks when working from heights and how to use specific equipment
- Know what to do when you have safety concerns
- Explain how to avoid, prevent and minimise risks when working from heights
- Help create a culture of positive health and safety practice in the workplace
Compared to a traditional classroom-based session, you will save a huge sum of money with our e-learning course.
- describe how serious falls from height can be, and what impact they can have on someone’s life
- explain, in terms of fatalities, how dangerous working at height can be
- explain what work at height means
- explain that someone must be competent when working at height
- dispel the myth about having to be qualified before using a ladder
- explain the difference between collective and personal protection
- describe the three step, hierarchical approach to working at height: avoid, prevent and minimise
- describe the main pieces of equipment used for accessing work at height
- explain when you should check that equipment is in good condition
- describe the main uses of the main pieces of equipment used for accessing work at height
- describe the proper equipment for a task
- describe the main requirements for using work at height equipment (i.e. trained and competent)
- explain what you should do if you don’t feel competent about using a piece of equipment
- explain what you should do if you have any health and safety concerns
- have a greater understanding of how simple tasks can have an impact on a person’s life
- be able to give real life examples of how working at height has led to serious injuries
- be able to explain how what they have learnt in previous modules could have helped to avoid the incidents in the case studies
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
To ensure maximum compatibility with the widest range of LMS’s, all our e-learning courses are SCORM conformant. By default, we provide courses in SCORM 1.2 format, but the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
In simple terms, this means that our e-learning will work on any standard website or system.
These e-learning course materials are not editable. However, they are ‘white-label’ with no logos or labelling. This allows you to place your own logos or content on the page that the e-learning is embedded on. We can also edit, alter, add logos and make changes for a small fee.
If there are future legal changes within this course, these can be altered by our team, free of charge.
Simply purchase the e-learning course and add it to your own Learning Management System. You pay once and can use forever.
Just add to cart below. Need edits? Just ask.
Don’t have an LMS? We can provide one for you. You pay for the course only once and then a yearly fee for the LMS.
Learn more about our LMS service.
Fewer than 150 users and only one course required? It may pay to use our subscription model. You only pay for the users you have.
Learn more about our subscription model.
Want to resell our e-learning courses? We have a model for this.
Contact us for more information.