E-Learning Course Content:
This Working at Height e-learning course has been developed to support learners that work at height as part of their job role. This could be on scaffolding, cherry-pickers, cranes or when using hoists etc. The main aim is to reduce the likelihood of injury or death through bad practices.
The e-learning is provided on a subscription basis, whether hosted on your own Learning Management System, or using our, feature-rich, easy-to-use learning platform.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course:
Working at Height
The main aim of this e-learning is to help prevent death or injury caused by a fall from height.
Falls from height are one of the biggest causes of workplace fatalities and major injuries, accounting for about 29% of fatal injuries to workers.
Employers have a duty to make sure employees have the sufficient skills, knowledge and experience to perform the working at height task they are asked to do.
Working at height means work in any place where, if there were no precautions in place, a person could fall a distance liable to cause personal injury. You are working at height if you; work above ground/floor level, could fall from an edge, through an opening, or fragile surface, could fall from ground level into an opening in a floor, or a hole in the ground.
In this working at height e-learning course you’ll gain the knowledge and understanding required to ensure you follow sensible and safe precautions when working at height.
The e-learning course is interactive and engaging with elements of ‘storytelling’ that help make the learning easy and interesting to follow. It’s a fun way of learning the important principles of working safely at height.
- explain how the risk of working at height can be reduced
- describe the three-step approach to safety when working at heights
- understand the different equipment required when working from height and how it is used
- explain what should be done if you have health and safety concerns
- describe the possible consequences of not taking precautions when working from height
- explain how to avoid accidents when working from height
This working from height e-learning course is essential health safety training. It’s particularly appropriate for people new to an organisation or for use as a refresher for existing employees.
Of course, this e-learning is more relevant to those employees that have a requirement to work from height, although it is useful awareness training for all.
Employers have a duty to ensure that work at height activity is controlled and managed correctly and that employees are trained to be competent in the use of equipment. In order for employees and companies to be protected, we recommend this working at height e-learning becomes a part of each employee’s induction.
- It’s an online e-learning course
- Interactive and engaging content
- Blending text, graphics, images and storytelling
- On-going testing as your progress with a final assessment
It’s important to create a safe working environment where people are both aware of the risks of working from height and have a good understanding of the precautions they should take. This course will help bring the important topic of safety when working at height to the forefront of your mind. In this course, your learners will be able to:
- Appreciate why working from height regulations are important and how to take precautions
- Understand the typical risks when working from heights and how to use specific equipment
- Know what to do when you have safety concerns
- Explain how to avoid, prevent and minimise risks when working from heights
- Help create a culture of positive health and safety practice in the workplace
Compared to a traditional classroom-based session, you will save a huge sum of money with our e-learning course.
- describe how serious falls from height can be, and what impact they can have on someone’s life
- explain, in terms of fatalities, how dangerous working at height can be
- explain what work at height means
- explain that someone must be competent when working at height
- dispel the myth about having to be qualified before using a ladder
- explain the difference between collective and personal protection
- describe the three step, hierarchical approach to working at height: avoid, prevent and minimise
- describe the main pieces of equipment used for accessing work at height
- explain when you should check that equipment is in good condition
- describe the main uses of the main pieces of equipment used for accessing work at height
- describe the proper equipment for a task
- describe the main requirements for using work at height equipment (i.e. trained and competent)
- explain what you should do if you don’t feel competent about using a piece of equipment
- explain what you should do if you have any health and safety concerns
- have a greater understanding of how simple tasks can have an impact on a person’s life
- be able to give real life examples of how working at height has led to serious injuries
- be able to explain how what they have learnt in previous modules could have helped to avoid the incidents in the case studies
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners including RoSPA Qualifications – Assured logo
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
Where clients are not using our LMS and wish to host it on their own LMS instead, we provide SCORM files that they can simply install directly. Although these files are added to the clients LMS as usual and the user will access and view the course exactly as they would if it was built on the clients system, we are still able to track user numbers our side and also provide regular updates to the content.
Our e-learning products are always provided ‘white-label’ with no Trainer Bubble logos or references to our company.
We also understand that you may like to make alterations to the content. Whether it’s minor edits, larger alterations, adding of logos, or swapping images to better reflect your corporate identity – we can provide this change for a small fee.
Please note: We regularly update our courses to reflect legal changes or just general improvements to content. All this happens without you having to lift a finger whether the course is on your LMS or ours.
This is a RoSPA Qualifications – Assured Course
We’ve created the table below to provide some examples of typical prices you can expect to pay. Please click on the Get a Quote button below, so that we can create a personal quote that suits your specific requirements. Please visit our sister website to find out more about our online learning services – Learner Bubble.