In this day and age, everyone requires a CV. This makes these training course materials suitable for people from every walk of life, including; those applying for internal positions within an organisation, those looking for external roles or even those that have never had a job role. They really are that flexible.
These training course materials will help develop the CV writing skills of your participants and ensure you deliver a successful CV Writing Skills training course.
Training course contents:
Expert Training Materials to Help Write a CV and Cover Letter
A good CV and covering letter will help show a potential employer the expertise an individual will bring to a role. It is their chance to sell skills, knowledge and experience and let the employer know that they are the right person for the job.
These training course materials will help participants create an effective, professional CV that will catch the interest of potential employers and assist them in getting that crucial interview.
The session will also explore the topic of cover letters and how to ensure they are developed in such a way that they promote the person and their achievements and encourage any employer to read their CV.
These ‘Writing a CV’ training course materials provide all the information and techniques you need to deliver this fundamental skills training course.
Why use training materials created by Trainer Bubble?
- When you’re busy or under pressure at work, you save time and stress by using our ready-made professional training materials.
- Our materials come with no restrictions: you can edit content, add your company branding and use as many times as you wish.
- Whether you’re an experienced trainer or nervous first-timer, our training materials give you everything you need to deliver a confident and successful training session: powerpoint slides, workbooks, session plans, activities/exercises and detailed trainer notes.
- There is no need to wait for delivery. You’ll receive the full course pack in your inbox instantly.
- With a mix of practical exercises and trainer led material, your attendees will remain engaged throughout, while you take credit for a professional and effective training course.
- And when budgets are tight but you still need results, Trainer Bubble courses are great value for money. Train a whole team or even a whole company for much less than the cost of sending a single participant on a standard training course.
…you have saved me a week’s work – and I can get on with the important business of training people! – SW, Oxford, UK
Samples of training course materials
Please click on image for larger view…
The key aim of the ‘Writing a CV’ training course material is to provide participants with structure and techniques they can follow that will give them the best advantage possible and ensure they create a great first impression. They will be provided with ideas on content and useful words to include in their CV as well as clear guidance on the presentation of an effective CV and cover letter.
Ultimately, the information provided in the training course will give participants the opportunity to create a well-structured and effectively worded CV that will assist them on the first step to getting a job interview.
The main content of the training course materials…
Choosing a CV Format – Identifying the best format for a CV based on relevant experience and ensuring you highlight the best areas of your skills and abilities
What to Put in Your CV – Understanding what content should be provided for each section of a CV no matter what the format
Presentation of Your CV – Identifying common CV mistakes and how to avoid them to ensure the CV is presented in the best way possible
The Words You Use – Understanding what to write and how to write it in order to highlight your strengths and appeal to the audience
Practical CV Writing Activity – Applying the learning to develop a CV
Common Pitfalls to Avoid – Looking at facts and figures related to what puts potential employers off CV’s in order to avoid the mistakes
Writing a Cover Letter – Understanding the key points of writing a cover letter and appreciating the importance a cover letter plays in the recruitment process
The Structure of a Cover Letter – Providing a set standard for developing a cover letter that can easily be followed
Practical Cover Letter Writing Activity – Applying the learning to develop a Cover Letter
At the end of this ‘Writing a CV’ training course your participants will be able to:
- Choose a CV format and content that creates the right impression for their skillset
- Choose what to include in their CV to demonstrate their abilities and achieve the best results
- Develop their CV in line with their skills, knowledge and experience
- Avoid the common pitfalls when CV writing
- Write an effective covering letter to support their CV