This free energiser is a fun way of consolidating learning from a training course. It encourages the participants to be creative, while asking them to brainstorm ideas that will help embed the key learning point.
Training course contents:
A set of instructions for the free energiser, ‘X Factor’ can be downloaded from the link at the bottom of this page. The notes for the energiser are listed below.
- Optional – a set of toy microphones
- Optional – a pre-prepared list of songs related to the training topic
1. Explain to the participants that they will compete in small groups to sing as many songs as possible related to the training topic you have chosen.
2. Place participants into small groups with a maximum of five groups.
3. Ask the groups to spend five minutes brainstorming songs that relate to the training topic you have selected. They should be discrete while doing this, so that the other groups do not hear their ideas.
4. Go round each group, asking them to sing (or speak if they are not feeling confident) the lyrics from the songs on their list. If another team has already sung a song, they are not allowed to use it.
5. The winning team is the one that sings the highest amount of songs.
Example topics with songs…
‘It’s not about the money’ – Jessie J
‘Money for nothing’ – Dire Straits
‘Money on my mind’ – Sam Smith
‘Money’s too tight to mention’ – Simply Red
‘I am your leader’ – Nicki Minaj
‘Follow the leader’ – Erik B and Rakim
‘Leader of the pack’ – The Shangri La’s
‘Brave’ – Sara Bareilles
‘Stronger’ – Britney Spears
‘Don’t give up’ – Peter Gabriel
‘I Won’t back down’ – Tom Petty
‘Let it be’ – The Beatles
This free energiser helps consolidate learning and reinforces key pieces of information by aiding recall. It also add a fun element to training and helps reinvigorate the participants.