There’s so many points and tips to remember if you’re in the position of interviewing for your dream job.
- Research about the company and the position that you’re going to be interviewing for, they may ask you questions around this.
- Research common interview questions and practice how you would answer, it will show you are prepared.
- Always dress appropriately for the interview, first impressions matter.
- Plan your route and know how to get to the location before the interview.
- Bring any requested paperwork with you to the interview.
- Maintain good eye contact during the interview.
- Approach the interview with enthusiasm about the job and the company.
- Promote what you can bring to the company, why should they employ you?
- Give detailed answers to questions with examples.
- Rehearse your answers so much that you sound like you’re just reciting from memory.
- Be late to your interview, it isn’t a great first impression.
- Bring anyone else with you to the interview.
- Slouch, fidget, or yawn while being interviewed.
- Speak negatively about your current or former company.
- Be afraid to ask for clarification if you don’t understand a question.
- Answer every question with a simple “yes” or “no” answer.